Weatherization Services in Franklin and Patrick Counties
STEP, Inc. has provided Franklin and Patrick county residents with help making their homes more energy efficient since 1969 (before it became fashionable!).
We employ highly trained industry professionals who use the latest technology, including infrared and thermal imaging, to properly diagnose each client’s specific energy saving needs and address them accordingly.
Our services benefit both the homeowner and the environment by:
- Making homes safer, more comfortable, and more efficient.
- Reduce the energy consumption in each home which helps to create a healthier, greener environment.
- Helping our friends and neighbors save money on their utility bills.
- Local low-income families save an average of 30-40% on their first-year energy costs
- Weatherization activities create 52 direct and 23 indirect jobs for every $1 million invested
- For every $1 invested in weatherization, $2.73 in energy and non-energy-related benefits are realized.
- Weatherization saves an average of 32% in gas space heating. This equates to a total reduction in fuel consumption of about 23%.
- STEP works with many local businesses to provide quality services to our homeowners. Local heating companies, contractors, and supply stores benefit from STEP'S services.
- Housing weatherization updates reduce national energy consumption by the equivalent of 18 million barrels of oil each year!
Housing Choice Program
STEP administers the local Section 8 housing choice voucher program on behalf of the Virginia Housing Development Authority (VHDA}. We also inspect rental homes in this program to ensure that landlords keep them properly maintained.
For more information about these services, contact:
|ROCKY MOUNT OFFICE
200 Dent Street
Rocky Mount, VA 24151
|Sharon Lambert, Housing & Weatherization Director
540-483-5142, ext. 3026